Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 6

Digital Voice and the move to VoiP services

Go to solution

I've been hearing a lot lately about moving BT customers to this new VoiP service and Digital Voice, and by a lot of the posts on here it sounds like it's happening already, but I've not heard from BT about any kind of move. 

Do you know if it is being rolled out area by area? I live in Lincolnshire so do you know when our area might get changed over. Is there a way of checking when our area will get VoiP?

Will I be getting a letter from BT in the near future telling me I will be moved over and expect a visit from engineers with date/time etc?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Digital Voice and the move to VoiP services

Go to solution

It's a national rollout but there is no public information on where and when. You will be informed by email of your date of transfer. There is no engineer visit required, you will be sent a Smart Hub2 in the post of you don't already have one.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Anonymous 

There is no need for an engineer visit, all the work is done behind the scenes. The chances are you will not be changed over in the near future unless you change or renew you minimum term contract or calling plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

One question I would like to know is this.

What happens if I don't plug the Smarthub in, after being sent it, and just carry on with phone plugged directly into phone socket, as is my present set-up.

Will there come a day when I pick up the phone and there will be no purring tone, and then I would have no option to plug in the Smarthub to make phone calls. 😄

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Yes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I'll await that day then! 

Thanks for information 😄