cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: Digital Voice extra phones

@frankg4553    I want to replace my cordless phones with the BT DV Advanced phones.

If you do that you won't be able to make or receive any calls in the event either your broadband is down or there is a power cut.  The new BT phones really are nice and my wife suggested we do the same but changed her mind after I had explained.  Anyway, you would need always to keep a mobile with a decent signal handy, just in case.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 22

@Earthling  I'm sure @frankg4553 is already aware of that. You are only deferring the inevitable, you will be transferred to DV when the PSTN is switched off in 2025.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 22

Yes I’m aware of that, but as was said, it’s going to happen soon anyway…so I’ll go with it now 👍

Message 14 of 22

Earthling

Out of interest how often do you have power cuts that it is an issue for you?

Personally speaking I have only had one power cut in the last 20 years so I would hardly call it an issue to be worried about as regards not having a DV phone.

If you have them on a regular basis I would suggest that you need to contact your Electricity company and lodge a complaint that their service is not supplying what you pay for.

Likewise if your broadband goes down on a frequent basis you should be complaining about that to BT to have that problem resolved.

Message 15 of 22

Forget what I said - hadn't got my thinking cap on.  Same constraints would apply even if frank continued using his dect phones.  Why isn't there an emoji for banging ones head?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

🤣👍

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 22

Same as you…had one very quick dip about 6 months ago, can’t remember the last time before that as it was so long ago.

Don’t think it will be a problem at all.

👍

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

Ok....so my digital service was installed today (by quite a sullen chap). The line is now working, however, when I tried a call from my mobile, which is in the contacts list of my advanced Alexa phone, the screen gives no indication as to who is calling. Looking in the user guide it states that when an incoming call is from someone in your contact list, the screen should turn green and show who it is....it doesn't...it stays blue.

So, I plugged in my Panasonic phones, and whereas beforehand they announced who the caller was, it now just says

' incoming call'....nothing else.

Seems like a bit of a step backward!!

Can anyone help with the Digital phone screen supposing to show thw caller info?

Thanks

Frank

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 22

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

Hi Keith

I've watched the videoand been through my phone and can't find any option to turn on Caller Display.

The only options under 'Display' are for clock, text size, colour etc....and can't find it anywhere else either 😞

0 Ratings