cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Digital Voice handset reboot during a call

Go to solution

After a couple of years with Digital Voice, I have to say that I'm not impressed..so lets see if this community can help.

I have two DV handsets. I leave them permanently on the charging base as I find they lose charge really quickly.

On more than 50% of occasions, as I dial a number or am in a call, the handset will cut the call, re-boot itself and re-connect to the router (searching for hub and synchronising handset data). Why is this?

We have quite a large house and if I go to the back door, I get warnings that I'm out of range.. again.. why?

the old DECT phones were MUCH more reliable.

I'd cancel my landline but mobile coverage inside the house is also sub-optimal.

I'm considering an alternative VOIP solution

any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Digital Voice handset reboot during a call

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

the problem with DV handsets has quite few posts on forum and first solution is to replace the DV batteries with new rechargeable batteries and then see if that improves your DV connection.   

if you decide to move to a separate VOIP provider then that will cancel your broadband and phone contract and could have charges if still in fixed term contract

It is also not good for rechargeable batteries to be constantly on the charger

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks.. I think the batteries are the problem. I left it off the charger while I used the mobile and it cycled through reboot several times before dying completely. The display showed the phone as fully charged..

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

phone showing fully charged yet when you go to use it the batteries are flat - many posts like this

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings