cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Digital Voice - incoming calls not working

Go to solution

My elderly mum has just had broadband added and was switched to DV at the same time. It was activated on Weds 15/11 and phone plugged into router as instructed. Landline works for outgoing calls but no-one can phone in. 
I contacted BT, as we need to be able to contact her, and have been told it may take up to a week to fix.

She is vulnerable and doesn’t have a mobile. How can I get her landline fixed quickly?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Digital Voice - incoming calls not working

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

@Chris165 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

What to you get if you call her number, does it ring out?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe  If I call from my landline I get engaged tone. From mobile I get ‘cannot connect’ message.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

I assume that when she calls you, the correct number is shown on your phone?

Assuming that her BT Retail phone line worked before she added broadband, then it would appear that the transfer of the phone routing is incomplete for some reason.

Are you both BT Retail customers?

All I can do is to see if one of the moderators can assist with this.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

is your mother registered here

https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/including-you/BT_Free_Priority_Fault_Repair_Scheme.pdf

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe 

Yes, her number comes up ok on my phone when she calls.

Her landline was working fine before the switch to DV. 
I’m a plusnet customer, she is BT. My brother is also with BT and gets the same results when he tries to call her.

I’m really annoyed that there seems to be no understanding at BT how worrying this is for elderly and vulnerable customers. She feels isolated and scared. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

@imjolly 

I think there is something on her account that she is a priority. I’m sure when she had a problem last year, something was added to her account, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

The movement from a physical line to DV should be a robotic task unless there is an issue with the original routing. This can happen when the number was not originally issued by BT Retail, which I would guess is not the case if she has always been a BT Retail customer.

Lets wait to see if a moderator offers help.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Hi, @Chris165 I'm really sorry your mum is unable to receive calls after being switched to DV, I can appreciate the worry this is causing your family. As @Keith_Beddoe has mentioned it sounds like a routing issue. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with her details and we'll be happy to get this looked into.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings