cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Digital Voice not working FTTP

Go to solution

How can I get Digital Voice to work?

I had full fibre to the property installed, broadband using smart hub 2 is working well.  Digital Voice is not working! Landline ( copper) is in place,  but has been disconnected, but not at the property. 

BT handset will not connect to the smart hub. Have tried 2 dect systems connected to the phone socket on the smarthub 2, neither will work.

If I go to the smart hub Web page,  the phone icon is grayed out and says not configured.

I have called BT every day about this, and every day they promise it will be connected tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes. Line is still off and I don't have a landlines phone connection. 

Question, how can I get a landlines phone connection, be it Digital Voice or whatever?

The freephone number can't resolve the problem 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Digital Voice not working FTTP

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

as you have FTTP then phone FTTP Team 08005874787 and see if the can help you as they also help with DV

until you see you phone number shown in blue in hub manager then home phones will not work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks Very Much, BT helped to get it sorted. Had to revert to copper for the landline, because Digital Voice is not possible.

My previous provider (NOWTV) flatly refused to "Port" my number! Made a complaint about them to Ofcom, and got a complaint reference. Hey presto my original number was released, and BT reinstated that number.

Many thanks to you & the BT team in Accrington for your invaluable help and ultimate solution to this issue.

BT also gave a generous compensation for the inconvenience.

Overall a very satisfactory outcome.

0 Ratings