cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Digital Voice old sockets still working

Go to solution

I just updated my contract with BT and as with all new contracts have been moved onto DV. I purchased a digital voice adapter as my base station is at the other end of the house to the hub. 
2 days in the phone is still plugged into the old socket and still fully working. 
Could this be a quirk on my wiring setup or just that BT haven’t actually switched it yet , there was no change to my service Halo Broadband up to 50meg, no full fibre in our area yet. 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Digital Voice old sockets still working

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

@AndyJD 

It may take a few days for the transfer to take place.

Be aware however, even after the transfer, there may still be dial tone on the old socket. This would not be the same phone number, and you would not be able to make or receive calls.

Once the exchange equipment is disconnected, that socket will no longer be active.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@AndyJD 

Have you checked hub manager to see if you see your phone number and showing DV active

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
I just logged onto the hub and noticed a phone symbol with not configured next to it , presumably this means they haven’t switched the line yet ? If I click on it nothing opens.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Yes if the smart hub 2 is showing the phone as not configured then the switch to Digital Voice is not yet done.

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Ok so I’m now a week into a new contract and my phones still work on the old phone socket and DV still shows as not configured in my router settings.

Is this normal? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

@AndyJD 

I needed a factory reset of the SH2 today to get DV all working and pick up the latest firmware update.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

My firmware shows as 38.00.147 updated on 26th February so should be ok?

My dect phones are still working from the old socket so I’m guessing they haven’t actually switched it over yet ? 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

If your DV is not yet activated then phone FTTP TEAM and they should be able to help you 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings