cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Digital Voice on Renewal of Contract

Go to solution

The link I provided refers to the rollout of DV, you can't be moved onto a product which is not available in your area regardless of whether you're a new or existing customer

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

@Les-Gibson   According to the list we aren’t due to change to DV until the summer and have VDSL and FTTP isn’t available. So I’ve just started an upgrade to see what happens. After choosing the broadband package and then the phone package. The next screen was about DV and to select 1 of the following: use existing phones, DV adaptor, essential phone or advance phone. I then cancelled the order.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

The availability of FTTP doesn't necessarily mean DV is available, my own FTTP connection is several years old and comes from my local exchange which is around one mile away, my DV connection is much more recent and terminates at a different exchange approximately seven miles away

If you ended the transaction at that stage then you don't know what was to follow, I don't either but I suspect it would be a message to the effect that you will be moved to DV when it becomes available in your area.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

@David500 

I think you will find that the list only refers to forced moves to DV, as the exchange closes.

If you renew your package or re-grade, you have no option but to move to DV, as its no longer possible to have an analogue line.

In your case, if you complete your order, you will be moved to DV.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe  Thanks that is what I assumed. I was trying to prove the point.

@Les-Gibson  I’ve taken the order further and it asked if we had an alarm system and replied no. Next asked if we wanted a hybrid phone or BBU and the running total gave the monthly cost plus the one off advance phone. So it would have involved changing to DV.

0 Ratings