cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Digital Voice over Hybrid Connect

Go to solution

Hello all,

My question is simple, and for anyone who might have an answer.

I am aware that if my VDSL connection fails over to the Hybrid Connect using 4G, that Digital Voice no longer works.

My question is… why?

Other VoIP and SIP work over other 4G modems, so it is not like it is impossible. iPhone did have to have a software update to enable VoLTE to allow VoIP over 4G, but its very existence proves it is more than possible.

So, again, why has BT either not included something, or instead crippled something, that results in Digital Voice VoIP not working over their 4G network?

Obviously this is not a question I am looking for a solution to in regard to making it work, because I know it won't. I am just curious as to whether anyone has any knowledge or theory as to why it doesn't work, or perhaps, why they have decided not to allow it to work?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Digital Voice over Hybrid Connect

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@wkirkman 

Its not a standard VOIP service, and relies on a direct physical connection between the Smart Hub 2, and the core network, this ensures a secure connection with quality controls. As hybrid connect uses the mobile network, this connection does not exist.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
That sounds logical. Thanks! 🙂
0 Ratings