cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: Digital Voice question

Go to solution

Just be aware that they also don’t tell you that you need to reboot it for it to work, based on my own experience.

To clarify, set the Smart Hub 2 (SH2) up as soon as you get it.  When the switch goes through, (probably during the night), they will remotely reboot it and you will see your phone number appear in a grey box on the home page.  You then need to move the phone plug from the wall socket to the green socket on the back of the hub.  However, I found it did not recognise the phone until it was rebooted again.

Message 12 of 22

Go to solution
Define rebooted please. Turn off and on again or press reset button?
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution

I doubt whether it makes any difference, apart from certain memory processes usually survive a warm reboot.

If memory serves, I used the reset option on the home page.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution
Ah yes of course. Forgot that.
Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution

Sorry, that should have been "restart" not "reset".

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution
And I think that I meant 'restart' as well! Doh!
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

That is useful to know. Will add to my lists of future tasks which includes make BT send the hubs, set up new hub, note new passwords - presumably have to change wifi on all devices - ie new passwords etc; check my recorded personal message on 1571 is working; make sure I get rid of call waiting if is the default;   log into myBT and look for alilng features and untick international and premium all rate barring (I make and receive international calls so want those available); now I have added restart hub(s) once it is all working.

(One complications is my 3 BT line (on 2 accounts)  2 of which have broadband and 2 of which have landlines. So one of my landlines does not have broadband on that telephone line. Therefore of the 3 lines I think BT will treat me as someone on that line who does not have broadband. I suspect what BT will send to me is homehub 2 for the landline that has BB on it; send nothing for the broadband line with no telephone number so we keep and use the old homehub on that one (confusingly called homehub 6 on the back); and for the other landline number with no BB whatever basic set up they send people who have no BB at home. Goodness knows whether BT will manage that.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

You can just note down your existing SSID and password and set these in the new hub, preventing the need to update passwords. 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

@Jane2018 

Instead of going round changing all your wireless devices just change the hub SSID and PASSWORD to that currently  used (name and password of existing router) and that way devices should connect automatically on changeover

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution
snap
0 Ratings