cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Digital Voice questions (sorry)

Hi all,
A have some questions regarding DV swichover.
I'm due to be switched in the very near future, and the situation is that I do not have a compatible hub. 
The bumpf sent to me states that I don't have to do anything, they will send a new hub if required.
First question, how do BT know if I need a new hub? I tried calling 03301234150 and all I got was a guy trying to change my whole package at extra cost to me, giving me things I don't want, which again, is something BT state very clearly will not happen.
Second question, earlie this year I purchased new BT Premium cordless phones with Trucall. will this work on DV? I've tried searching but answers seemed vague.
Third and final question, will I need an adapter for the only additional extension in the property?

Apologies if any of this has been covered before. I'm just seeking simple straightforward answers and my head hurts with it all 😬

Best regards
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Digital Voice questions (sorry)

have you read the FAQ?

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

Bt know what equipment you have/they have sent

existing phone should work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Digital Voice questions (sorry)

BT will know if they need to send you a compatible hub.

If you are using BT kit they can talk to it, (it’s their kit, after all), and see what it is.  If it isn’t suitable, they’ll send you one that is.  If you are not using BT kit, well, they can’t talk to it so they know you need a compatible hub.

Any phone will work, (so long as it is not an ancient pulse dial only phone).  The phone, or your extension, just plugs into the socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2 instead of the phone socket on the wall.

You only need the adapter if you can’t connect you extension to the Smart Hub 2, for some reason.  The adapter plugs into a power socket and functions like a portable phone socket.  It uses DECT, (similar to cordless phones), to connect back to the Smart Hub 2.

0 Ratings