cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 101 of 400

Re: Digital Voice with different Router

Go to solution

Got a letter about this yesterday - all the solutions here seem to have problems and issues.

Anyone simply ported their phone number out to a VOIP provider? 

If so who? 

0 Ratings
Message 102 of 400

Go to solution

the problem with porting your number if you are still in contract (from another recent post) is it will be seen as terminating your contract.  if no longer in fixed term contract then not really a problem but if still in fixed term contract will incur penalty charges

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 103 of 400

Go to solution

Hum... good point I had not thought about that - oh well I guess I'll just go without a landline for a few months until my contract ends in January - I don't really want to get into the hassle of messing around with my home network which is performing excellently just for a phone line I rarely use. 

0 Ratings
Message 104 of 400

Go to solution

BT said they would send me a "Digital Voice Adaptor" to work with my Ubiquiti Dream Machine.  No idea if it will work.

0 Ratings
Message 105 of 400

Go to solution

You still need to use the SH2 for DV and the adapter pairing dect to the hub and you can connect a old style phone to adapter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 106 of 400

Go to solution

@kpturner wrote:

BT said they would send me a "Digital Voice Adaptor" to work with my Ubiquiti Dream Machine.  No idea if it will work.

It won't

0 Ratings
Message 107 of 400

Go to solution

@kpturnerwrote:

I should add more detail after some research.   The Digital Voice Adaptor only connects wirelessly with WPS (which is a tad antiquated and insecure but that's a different story).    MY UDM allows me to set up as many different WiFi networks as I like, so I have set one up to have the exact same SSID as the Smart Hub and also the exact same wireless password/key.

I will power off the UDM and power up the Smart Hub 2.  Connect the Digital Voice Adaptor to the Smart Hub using WPS, then power both off again.  Reconnect the UDM and power it back on - it will now be broadcasting an SSID that matched the Smart Hub (with the exact same password/key). When I power the Digital Voice Adaptor back on it should just connect to the UDM instead of the Smart Hub.  It should not know or care that it is a completely different device.

This chap had the same issue with a "WPS only" heat pump and got it connected to the UDM in the same way.
https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=73&topicid=215508 

0 Ratings
Message 108 of 400

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

@kpturnerwrote:

It won't

Pretty sure it will after doing a bit more research.  See explanation above.

0 Ratings
Message 109 of 400

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Message 110 of 400

Go to solution

Digital voice requires the use of the SH2 to work. End of.

The adapter doesn't connect by wifi it connects via DECT, the WPS button is dual function.

0 Ratings