cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Digital Voice

I switched to digital voice 3 weeks ago. I have a Panasonic phone but digital voice keeps failing. I cannot make or receive calls. BT engineers are making the 4th visit tomorrow. I have WiFi signal but the signal strength does apparently dip in my area.

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Digital Voice

This has been covered numerous times  the phones connect to hub using DECT not wifi. The SH2 is a DECT base station for the phones

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 18

My Panasonic phone is connected directly to SH2 but digital voice still fails frequently.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Is your Panasonic connected to green socket on back of hub? Is it corded or Panasonic base station connected to hub?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Panasonic base station connected to green socket on SH2.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Have you check hub manager to see your phone number and showing active?  Have you tried a different phone to eliminate a problem with Panasonic?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

I have checked the hub manager and my phone is certainly shown as active. I do have another phone to use as an alternative. Digital voice has worked with this phone but I keep losing connectivity. Factory reset of the hub has been tried. The first attempt was successful but was short lived. The last time was unsuccessful

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Are you sure that its not the broadband which is dropping. Do the lights change on the home hub when you lose phone connection?

Are you on FTTC or FTTP ?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Thank you. You may be right in saying that it could be the broadband that is dropping.However, the light on the hub remains blue when I lose service.

Not sure about fttp or fttc but if anything it is more likely to be fttc. Access to broadband has not changed on joining digital voice so it could still be ADSL.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

This is something that worries me about London getting Digital Voice by end of 2023 as our internet cuts out briefly several times a day (BT/open reach cannot fix it for us or neighbours) which isn o problem at all with my reliable landlines but could be a massive issue when Digital Voice is forced on us. In these brief cases of loss of internet it is usually so fast the biggest issue is a web page will tell me to reconnect to internet and if I go away for 1 or 2 minutes it is usually back on. I don't think the hub changes from blue. However what will happen to the calls? Like many these days we often work at home and landline calls are how we earn the money to eat/pay BT phone bills.

When we are moved over I will plug my corded phones into the new hubs  BT will be sending but I fear the service will be much less reliable.

0 Ratings