cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Digital Voice

Well when this does arrive, I have decided to keep my DECT cordless phone where it currently is i.e in another room from the Home Hub 6 and use a DV Voice adapter and pair this with the new Smart Hub 2 and plug my DECT phone into that rather than move the phone and answering phone base where the Hub is.
My good old corded speakerphone in the hall is in a position where's there is no main supply so again I will need to move it to a more unsuitable position and use a DV adapter on that. It really is a regressive process for a lot of people.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

You could keep your old corded speakerphone in your hallway by attaching it to an extension cord which you then plug into a hub 2 port, and hide the ext lead in trunking,providing phone is not miles away from your dv router of course. Just a thought 😀👍

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

It's 'miles' away.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

I was moved over to DV back in September.

I have a seven-year-old Panasonic cordless set.  Three handsets + answer phone set to answer after 5 rings.  Base station sits in the living room, exactly the same place as before.  SH2 is in the hall by the phone socket.  I just unplugged my phone extension cable from the phone socket and plugged it into the back of the SH2 then rebooted the SH2.  Not had any problems with it at all.

While I acknowledge concerns like the loss of phones during a power cut are legitimate, (I’m fortunate enough to have a good mobile signal), I must say people seem to be stressing over this far more than they need to.  Operationally, most of you won’t notice any difference.

Message 15 of 18

It is helpful to know there are no differences. I have a lot of questions about settings, but leaving those aside, my main issue will be if the line is as clear as a bell like my current landline on which I spend hours a day (given our broadband cuts out several times a day).

These questions about distance reminds me of when I as about to give birth to twins (and as now work for myself an d even then often worked at home so cannot not work or we don't eat etc....) I bought one of the longest extension cables possible to take the downstairs work landline phone a very long way up the house in case I was bed bound...... although I set it up by day 1 after the births I was chasing downstairs to take work calls. I still have that long cable to this day, unused).
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

I think you may be pursuing the wrong complaint here.

If your broadband is unstable then you should be chasing BT to sort that out.  Of course, you could use the impending change to DV as a pretext to apply pressure for them to fix the internet connection.

Ultimately worrying about DV without fixing the underlying broadband problem is a pointless exercise.

When the broadband cuts out is that at the hub or a wireless thing?  The phone will plug direct into the hub and so should not be affected by any wireless issues.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

@HHGTTGwrote:
Well when this does arrive, I have decided to keep my DECT cordless phone where it currently is i.e in another room from the Home Hub 6 and use a DV Voice adapter and pair this with the new Smart Hub 2 and plug my DECT phone into that rather than move the phone and answering phone base where the Hub is.
My good old corded speakerphone in the hall is in a position where's there is no main supply so again I will need to move it to a more unsuitable position and use a DV adapter on that. Or you could get all your extension sockets connected to the hub and use them as you are now. It really is a regressive process for a lot of people. It really isn't,  it's just people looking for problems without considering the solutions.

Message 18 of 18

I certainly take the point but we have a long history here. Having to raise £12k from neighbours (and openreach paid 2x that too_) to get enough power to local box so we could watch TV even over the broadband about 10 years ago. Then in last 5 years this internet cutting out issue which quite a few neighbours have had to and repair men come out and try again and again and may be it is okay for a little bit or they fiddle with the telephone wire to make it looser from the pole to the house and it may be okay for a bit but then it cutting out regularly again. In a sense it is trivial compared with hours on the phone to get someone out to repair as it is down for usually no more than a minute or two at a time and sometimes disappears as a fault for a month or two. I have given up trying to fix it and hopefully we might get FTTC soon. (It is definitely a broadband issue, not wifi and it is on the two separate broadband lines that come into the house on separate lines as my sons who use the upstairs broadband have the same issue too.

(We have a separate wifi issue in one room too which is so bad my daughter stopped doing work Teams calls from my house)
0 Ratings