cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Digital adapter problem

Hello BTcommunity, I have just got digital voice adapter and was following instructions to register adapter. I put it into a socket positioned near my smart hub, I pressed wps pair on the hub and wps pair on the adapter. the light on adapter started blinking in quick succession, but after some time it blinks with gaps between blinks. It only had solid blink for a few seconds, but after that it blinks with gaps between. In desperation I connected my phone first with hub, no signal. When I connected the line with voice adapter, there is a signal but with gaps, no usual phone signal. Today is supposed to be DV activation day. What could be a problem with the adapter that it never gets solid green light and my phone is not working properly? Please, help. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Digital adapter problem

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

@desparateuser 

You need to wait until the service is activated, otherwise it will not work.

Message 4 of 10

Has your DV service actually been activated yet? Check in the hub if it shows your number or 'not configured'.

Message 5 of 10

Thanks for your reply, it is still not configured, it was supposed to be 'on' today. What should I do?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Try a reboot of the hub, if that doesn't work wait until tomorrow and call customer services if it still hasn't  been activated.

There's still eight and half hours of today left.

Message 7 of 10

I had a text at about 17:30 on activation day to tell me it was activated (having had fibre installed that morning). So wait for that notification. Hub still said not configured, reboot did not help. I then tried a full reset from hub web interface (you will lose any changes you've made to WiFi login or names of devices etc) and a few minutes later the box in the web interface went grey and my phone number appeared. Only then could I connect adapter and DV phone.

Message 8 of 10

Thanks for your reply, have you done this full reset after the message about activation? I have not get any message from BT yet.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Wait for the message from BT.  If you have a current landline, I think that runs until you are up and running on DV (my order on myBT had a "parallel running" date of about a week after my activation date, which disappeared sometime after I'd successfully migrated and the order was marked complete).

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

NB the reboot or reset my not be necessary of course, it may happen automatically. I'd waited an hour or so after the notification text and it still hadn't configured. After searching these forums I then understood that the reboot, or possibly reset, might be required to wake it up!