cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Digital voice, PSTN switch-off and FTTP availability

Before signing up to Fibre 2, I was unaware of DV replacing my PSTN telephone service. If, as planned, PSTN is switched off in 2025, does this mean the copper cables from the cabinet to my home will be replaced by fibre?

It may be a coincidence, but a contractor has been in the area (Avonline Networks) lifting BT manhole covers and marking out the pavements, although they say they will be laying cables for Virgin Media. You Fibre also have a campaign running in the town inviting people to register an interest. Will they be available to BT customers?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Digital voice, PSTN switch-off and FTTP availability

@Maranello wrote:

Before signing up to Fibre 2, I was unaware of DV replacing my PSTN telephone service. If, as planned, PSTN is switched off in 2025, does this mean the copper cables from the cabinet to my home will be replaced by fibre?

Not necessarily, DV can be supplied via FTTC as well as FTTP.

It may be a coincidence, but a contractor has been in the area (Avonline Networks) lifting BT manhole covers and marking out the pavements, although they say they will be laying cables for Virgin Media. You Fibre also have a campaign running in the town inviting people to register an interest. Will they be available to BT customers?

No, BT only use the Openreach fibre network