cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Digital voice permanent engaged tone

@licquorice 

Well, not quite. Extension sockets will continue to work, for a house with an all-corded system, as long as the connection to the Master Socket is moved to be a connection to the router.

Or to a DV adapter, which I think is the ‘white box’ that @Toptaurus mentioned.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

@TimCurtis @Toptaurus 

I use a DV phone alongside a set of DECT phones whose base station is plugged into the free adaptor.

Im not sure that the adaptor can tell the difference between a single corded non-DECT phone and a DECT Base station, when both come down to a single telephone wire.

And for me, the DV phone, or maybe chance coincidence, has stopped the DECT phones misbehaving like they did before, misbehaviour that I think originated either in the adaptor, or in the router itself.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

@Midnight_Voice wrote:

@licquorice 

Well, not quite. Extension sockets will continue to work, for a house with an all-corded system, as long as the connection to the Master Socket is moved to be a connection to the router.

Obviously, but I rather think the OP hasn't performed that task and didn't want to complicate things any further than necessary.

Whilst on the subject of correcting posts, it is by no means a move to FTTP prompting a change to DV. As far as I'm aware, any recontracting will invoke DV regardless of method of delivery. There are many FTTC customers on DV, myself and many of us in the village included.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

@licquorice 

Good point about FTTC changes requiring a move to DV; the copper to the cabinet remains, but the copper to the exchange is left to lie fallow for the moment.

The reason I thought the OP may have performed that task is that the corded phone is upstairs and the cordless ones are downstairs. But I may have fallen into error by assuming that the Master Socket wouldn’t be upstairs 😢

0 Ratings