cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Digital voice some phones do not ring

I have wireless phones connected to Digital voice. The master is connected to the hub and rings when receiving a call the other 2 do not ring, but can be used to pick up the call or make a call. I have 2 other wired phones connected with the adapters, they can be used to pick up and make calls but do not ring with an incoming call. Why is this and what can be done to fix the situation so that all phones ring when a call comes in?

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Digital voice some phones do not ring

@papafixit 

The Digital Voice adapter presents a two wire connection, and some phones need an extra "ring" wire.

Plugging a microfilter into the socket on the DV adapter, and plugging the phone into the phone socket on the microfilter, emulates the "ring" wire.

The other possibility is that multi-call is enabled, so the hub and adapters are treated as two separate incoming lines, so you may need to disable that.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Digital voice some phones do not ring

The two what I presume are DECT handsets that are paired with the base plugged into the router have no bearing on Digital Voice. So there's some thing wrong with the setup between handsets & base. Could you have accidentally turned off the ringer on both?

0 Ratings