cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Digital voice

A couple of quick questions, first one if I transfer my incoming calls to my mobile phone, wouldn’t this remove the need for the SH2 and make it easier for me to use a Wi-Fi 6 router? Second do we know if BT  are planning on releasing a new smart hub that is both Wi-Fi 6 and digital voice compatible?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Digital voice

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

BT have launched a business hub 3 so expect the residential to be similar but not any launch date yet

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/07/isp-bt-launch-uk-business-smart-hub-3-router-and-compl...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

The new Smart Hub 3 will be under EE branding as BT are now moving all consumers to be through EE.

BT will retain the business side hence why they have released the Business Smart Hub 3 which is linked in the previous reply.

The new EE Hub has already been discussed plenty of times in various threads here in the BT Community, just do a search for it in this forum or simply Google search BT Smart Hub 3 and you'll find plenty of info about the new hub and soft launch etc.

Here is one link for starters... https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Smart-Hub-Plus-launched/td-p/2298405

Note that it won't be out until for a while yet as BT are still to open up the new higher tiers to the public, for which the new EE Smart Hub Plus would use with the 2.5gb port to connect with a new ONT box also now with a 2.5gb port.

Note, however, that the rest of the ports will still be 1gb, so you won't actually be able to run a single device higher than 1gb.

So, if you are like many who have in the past few years updated your pc with a new motherboard that has a 2.5gb ethernet port, or even 5gb or 10gb, then you will still only get the 1gb limit.

And, as mentioned in other threads about the new Smart Hub, apparently BT/EE think that their customers who are actually wanting one device to have a higher speed than the 1gb, well then apparently these are not the right sort of client for them.

They are going to end up alienating a lot of existing and long standing customers who have been with BT for years with that attitude.

Many customers will upgrade thinking and expecting that they will be able to actually achieve a 1.6gb download speed to one device.

When actually the new hub will still limit you to 1gb, and this is why many, many of BT existing customers will just bin the new hub and use their own third party router which has 2.5gb ports etc.

Normal home devices like televisions, freeview/freesat, BT TV/SKY and consoles will still be under the 1gb anyway, so they won't be affected.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

You can divert all of your incoming DV calls to a BT mobile free of charge, I don't know if the same can be said of an EE mobile or not, that's not clear but I would expect so.

All other mobile networks would count as part of any allowance that you may have. (All about Call Diversion for Digital Voice | BT Help)

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

at present the call divert for free appears to be only to BT mobiles not EE.  I have asked mods for clarification/ confirmation as it seems wrong to move customers from BT mobile to EE mobile  and not allow free divert.  however there is a precedent for not allowing it - roaming free with BT mobile but not with EE mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 7

@wandereruk99 

I am sure I read that you can only setup the divert using the BT supplied phone, and not via MyBT. This is probably for security reasons to make sure only the end user can setup a divert.

0 Ratings