cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 31

Do BT Still Supply a Free Phone?

Go to solution

We've just joined BT & go live with full fibre & Digital Voice on Friday.

When I first Googled BT Digital Voice the link said ' Experience Digital Voice from BT. With Call Diversion & Call Protect, upgrade now to get crystal clear calling, plus a free digital home phone handset.'.

However, our hub is on it's way but no mention of a phone so can we assume that BT no longer supplies them for free & the free offer link should, therefore, be removed?

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31

Re: Do BT Still Supply a Free Phone?

Go to solution

From other posts BT are no longer supplying free DV phones but you should still be Able to get a DV adapter to allow you to use your existing phone away from your SH2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 31

Go to solution

@imjolly 

Thanks for your reply.

That was my original understanding but I then saw the Google search where it said free phone or free adapter & being an 'owt for nowt' Northener I thought I'd ask.

Anyway it doesn't really matter as we'll be using our existing phone network with it plugged into the SH 2.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 31

Go to solution

Hi @caravanj I can confirm that a digital voice phone is no longer provided free of charge, however you can still buy one. Please can you post the link where you seen the information about a free handset as I'd like to feed that back so it can be corrected?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 31

Go to solution

@NeilO 

If you Google BT Digital Voice the paragraph that pops up before clicking the link is where it shows Experience Digital Voice from BT. With Call Diversion & Call Protect, upgrade now to get crystal clear calling, plus a free digital home phone handset  but when you click on the link the actual article says If you need an adaptor, you can order one for free. Or, to get the benefits of HD calling, you could choose one of these discounted Digital Home Phones which is what decided me to query it.

It's not a problem as we'll use our existing DECT phones.

P.S. Where would we obtain a discounted phone?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 31

Go to solution

Thanks @caravanj I'll highlight this.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 31

Go to solution

@NeilO 

Hi Neil,

Are BT still doing the discounted phones or is the whole link article out of date?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 31

Go to solution

Hi @caravanj ,

Thanks for the post. We're not offering discounted phones either. We'll get this fed back and corrected.

Cheers

David

Message 9 of 31

Go to solution

@DavidM 

Ok, thanks for replying.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 31

Go to solution

@caravanj The link should be updated, thanks for highlighting it.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings