cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Do I need a smart hub 2

Go to solution
If BT has informed you that you're getting migrated to digital voice and sent you a SH2 then they are expecting you to want to carry on with the same service (broadband plus a telephone "landline") that you are currently using.
If you don't actually want the telephone service anymore, then don't plug your telephone into the back of the SH2. Just connect the hub's grey RJ11 socket to the RJ11 socket on the filter that is plugged into you BT wall socket and broadband will work fine. The telephone socket will stop working when you're changed over to DV.
But, unless you tell BT that you don't want digital voice, they'll continue to charge you for it - around £2 to £5 per month. In that case, since you're paying for it, you might as well plug the telephone into the SH2.
If you want to save the £2 to £5 per month then you'll need to tell BT and take out a new contract with them for broadband only. They'll then close down your old "landline" number and you won't be able to get it back if you subsequently change your mind.
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

how do i change from a smart hub 6 to a smart hub 2 ?

I #m prepared to continue paying 2-5 quid extra until my current deal expires, because I got a reduction. Are you saying they will decrease 2-5 quid from my current deal if i tell them i want to disconnect the handset ?

I might have to phone them anyway, to ask for a new modem, and wouldn't connect it anyway...... and if i left it connected, would i need to buy a new "digital" handset ?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

You just plug it in as @imjolly  said in message 10.

Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

"how do i change from a smart hub 6 to a smart hub 2 ?"
As I said in my previous post: turn off your smarthub 6 at the power supply, disconnect the grey RJ11 plug from its back and plug this lead into the back of the Smarthub 2. Then plug in the power supply for the Smarthub 2 and it'll start up. Wait for its light to go blue and you're up and running.

Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

thank you to everybody. I've got the hub 2 and its up and running. 

0 Ratings