Re: Elderly over 90 years old

Go to solution
The question has most certainly NOT been answered
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 32

Go to solution

If you want to call someone, call 0330 1234 150 

I understand you may have concerns, but compared to other networks, I think BT are doing a good job of accommodating different situations. 

In your case, you will likely be offered a new phone, at no cost. This phone can wirelessly connect to the BT Home Hub, so it is not a concern if you cannot directly plug it in to the hub. 

Another option is a wireless ATA converter. This simerly, wirelessly connects to the hub, but allows you to plug your existing handset into it. 

If you already have a wireless landline, you can plug the base station into the back of the home hub, and get a charger dock for the handset so you can keep it where you like

Finally, you could employ a handman, tradesperson to hardwire a telephone extension cable from the Home Hub to the place where you want the handset to be. 

In short, they are offering so many solutions that it is a practical impossibility that you will have an issue. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 32

Go to solution

@djenson2000 

The connection from the hub to handsets uses DECT not Wi-Fi, the only compatible ATA adapter is the BT Digital Voice Adapter.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 32

Go to solution

Last time I checked, DECT was a wireless signal. Furthermore, from my understanding, the pairing process, does indeed use Wi-Fi. 

Why try and confuse a already confused and concerned person with technical terms? 

When a client is uncomfortable with technology, you try to use familiar terms to them. You don't needlessly talk about semantics. 

I understand you are trying to make things clear, but if you have any experience with helping the less technologically ept, you will know that throwing the spec sheet at them does not help anyone. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 32

Go to solution

It is not semantics, customers will think that the handsets will connect to their WiFi, it won't and will cause more confusion than if they are told it is a different signal. Nor does the hub use WiFi to pair the handset, the WPS button is dual purpose.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 32

Go to solution

@brian_thorogoodwrote:
Just wish someone would answer the question
Wish I could do a thumbs down.... Just wish someone would answer the question

The question has most certainly NOT been answered

Which part of message #3 are you struggling with?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 32

Go to solution
This is the question I posted who to ring etc tells you who to call to inform BT about the issue... standard helpline has nothing in the selection of where to go by pressing various 1,2,3 etc.... What number do you ring and what selection do you make to get to the correct person that can do something? IT HAS NOT BEEN ANSWERED
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 32

Go to solution

Calling the number above......    none of the options provided meet the needs of the call, there is not an option of 'any other issues' to take.      Phoning wait times after 3 attempts are all over 40 minutes...  Asking for a call back has been tried on each occasion but no-one has ever called back  

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 32

Go to solution

Yes I do have concerns but not being able to discuss them with BT is the problem....    great if they provide support but is not going to happen without a discussion with BT

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 32

Go to solution

The ONLY number is the one that has been posted.

All you can do is delay the inevitable in any case.

It really isn't that difficult to provide a workable solution if moved to Digital Voice.

0 Ratings