cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Emergency Welfare

My 96 year old father who lives alone chair bound and totally reliant on carers who visit periodically during the day was cut off by BT yesterday (their mistake).

Despite multiple very long calls yesterday and today and conversations with multiple people ‘guides’ and having to set up a new account twice within a 24 hour period, my father faces a second night without access to a landline. There is no mobile signal in his house and he would be incapable of using it anyway.

I am currently in a ‘phone queue yet again as I have received confirmation that he will be reconnected on the 8th August.

He is ALONE, IMMOBILE, UNWELL and FRIGHTENED.

Exactly what bit of emergency welfare do BT not understand? I am distraught and feel utterly helpless to protect him.

This is totally negligent and needs resolving NOW.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Emergency Welfare

@MrsThomas, I'm really sorry your father is currently without telephone service. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to chase this up with the connections team.

Thanks

Neil 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Emergency welfare

48 hours after being disconnected, my 96 year old father has still not been reconnected.

I have been offered support via this forum but unfortunately even that system is flawed with an error message about incorrect HTML that means I cannot respond.

How on earth can I resolve this when I’m either blocked or given false promises at every turn. Will someone take ownership and make this happen.

A very vulnerable man is being put at risk and surely BT have a duty of care to respond with urgency when there is a welfare issue. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Re: Emergency welfare

Latest update to this situation…

I have been told this morning that Open Reach cannot connect him today and the person who could escalate his welfare case does not work on Sunday!

Luckily for the rest of us the fireservice, NHS and police provide a 24/7 service but not BT. 

I was told on Friday he would be reconnected that evening and here we are 48 hours on and he still doesn’t appear to be a significant enough priority for BT. How vulnerable do you need to be?

You could not make this up.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@MrsThomas 

did you access the PM from the mod using the envelope at the top of the forum page next to your avatar?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @MrsThomas I'm sorry about that, if you're copying information into the private message ensure that it's being pasted as plain text or type it to avoid the HTML error.

Neil

0 Ratings