cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: Engaged tones on all extensions

Hello

OK so I left my router unplugged for about 35 minutes and switched it back on again 

Unfortunately this hasn't had any effect 

So I still can't dial out! 

Anybody got any more suggestions? 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

Looks like you are going to have to bite the bullet and report the fault.

0330 1234 150

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

Looks like it

Was hoping it was just something simple

It's weird how we can still get incoming calls!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 26

@Mike0000 

Looks like the outgoing server is either congested, or faulty. Could be a faulty network router, but that would affect other users as well.

It could also be a faulty configuration within your home hub.

I wonder if you exported your contacts first, then did a full factory reset of the home hub to remove any possible corruption of the settings, then see if you can make outgoing calls.

If you can, then import the numbers again, and see if it still works.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

Sorry getting a bit technical for me now!

by contacts, do you Just mean the numbers we have stored on the phones for dialling people like friends etc?

How do you do a factory reset?

thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

(Yet another reason I dread Digital voice (it is so much worse or I expect it will be for me)  - I have never had a problem like this on my landline in 25 years....)

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 26

@Mike0000 

Backing up of the contacts is only needed if you are using any of the BT supplied phones that connect directly to the home hub, as the numbers are stored in the home hub.

Any stored on other phones are not affected.

For factory reset see https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-settings

Once that has completed, you will have to re-register any Digital Voice Adapters, to the home hub. Also any of the BT supplied handsets.

The chances are that the helpdesk would advice a factory reset to start with anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

@Mike0000 wrote:

by contacts, do you Just mean the numbers we have stored on the phones for dialling people like friends etc?

How do you do a factory reset?

thanks 

With Digital Voice your contacts (numbers) are stored in the hub not the handsets. Unfortunately a factory reset wipes these. You can backup the file and restore it again after the factory reset. Go to the hub manager (192.168.1.254) click on the phone symbol with your number against it, select Contacts, enter the admin password for the hub printed on the little pull out tab, select Export. This will export your contacts list to a .VCF file on your PC. After the reset, import the contacts back again.

To factory reset the hub, press the recessed button at the rear with  a pin for about 20seconds until the lights flash.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

Thanks very much all

Gonna speak to BT on this now before doing anything else

Bit scared to do the factory reset incase it goes wrong and then I have no Internet either!

Will report back if and when it gets sorted,  for anyone else who gets this issue

Thanks again for your time people - appreciate it 🙂👍

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 26

I strongly recommend you do the backup before calling BT in case they do a remote factory reset and wipe your contacts.

0 Ratings