cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Ex-directory again

Go to solution

My details have appeared in the phone directory when I'm supposed to be ex-directory. How to change this?   I tried phoning  0800 800 150  but got nowhere.  

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Ex-directory again

Go to solution

You did the right thing by phoning see here: how-do-i-sign-up-to-ex-directory-services 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

There's no option on the automated call system that covers this.  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Just select any option and ask to be transferred to the right department.

However, the best you will be able to achieve is removal from the online directory, the printed version will obviously still contain the entry.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks all sorted now

Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

@licquorice  We’re ex-directory and don’t appear in the online or the printed 2023/2024 edition.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

I think you have misunderstood what I meant. If the OP was inadvertently not made ex directory correctly and therefore an entry was  incorporated in both, it would only be possible to remove the online listing if the directory had been printed.

Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

@Dubie Great, but how did you sort it? I'm in the same position. We've been XD and registered with TPS for more than 10 years. I then find I'm listed in the latest paper directory and indeed can find my address and number through a simple search at BT.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
@licquorice when I tried this (I chosen 4 for technical support) there was no department to be transferred to: I asked but it was no good as I was not a BT customer.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

I received my "last ever" BT phone book through the door the other day, urging me to keep it safe! It also says that the online version is to be phased out as well, which is baffling. I'm very surprised that this hasn't been announced on the news, as the end of Yellow Pages was! So @Dubie  I wouldn't worry, you won't be in it for long.