cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

FTTP and Lifeline

My brother-in-law has fttc at the moment and needs the Lieline (now Lifeconnect) for emergencies. He would like to upgrade to FTTP but of course would still need his Lifeline (now over the copper line). There seems to be some confusion about whether the lifeline would still work with digital voice via the router.

Has anybody got any experience of using FTTP and Lifeline?  Lifeconnect say no problem but BT seem to be unsure from their replies. He isn’t too competent with computers and I don’t know the full  extent of his conversations with BT. He originally ordered full fibre but this was cancelled because of some confusion.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: FTTP and Lifeline

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Any device that currently plugs into an analogue line can be plugged into the back of the Hub instead & should work. I'd be inclined to go with what the provider says.

https://www.lifeconnect24.co.uk/digital-telephone-switchover/

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Yeah thanks. I’d seen this, hence the BT  confusion.  Like I said I don’t yet know the full conversations between BT and my b.i.l. He can get a bit... let’s say...confused!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

TBH why would BT know if it would work or not? Their advice is usually contact the supplier so if the company are saying it'll be ok I'd go with that

Although i do like how according to their site it's BT implementing this when it's openreach.......

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

The issue comes with a power cut, copper lines have their own power supply , the router and anything plugged into the back relies on the national grid.

So although the equipment may work a power cut would take it out

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Yeah JonMace, l realise a power cut would cut off the lifeline.

i really wanted someone who actually had FTTP and Lifeline on here to confirm it works OK.

Seems everyone is too fit and well here to have both!

Thanks to all for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@Zurdowrote:

i really wanted someone who actually had FTTP and Lifeline on here to confirm it works OK.

The issue BT and any other provider have is they can't say for certain that any of the millions of different 3rd party equipment would work, if the actual manufacturer say it will work, I'd go with that answer.

0 Ratings