cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Fiber Halo 1 Customer - Do I need a landline?

Go to solution

Apologies I'm sure this has been asked before ( I did try calling the BT 0330 number but it was never answered).

We have a fibre Halo1 package but still have our landline (now delivered over the fibre, I believe). Do we still need to keep the landline or is there a saving to be made from ceasing that element of our service (we rarely make or receive landline calls)?

If so, is the saving significant enough to be worth the trouble?

Many thanks

Derek

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fiber Halo 1 Customer - Do I need a landline?

Go to solution

There is about a £5 a month saving, if you do not want a phone service.

The "landline" has to stay, as that is what your broadband is delivered over, whether its copper or fibre.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
The saving for ditching your landline is around £3/month, though it seems to vary between £2/month and £5/month. I thought it was worthwhile keeping my line and number for the £3/month it costs me, but clearly others do not.
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I think saving is less than £5 more £2/3 but as you have a broadband and phone contract ceasing the phone part will cancel your contract and need to start new contract for phone only.  this is becoming more popular and sooner BT have a system for this type of change the better and save having to start new contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the swift replies. Much appreciated.

I think I will stick with the landline then - minimal savings and it's always good to have a back-up to the mobile phones / mobile network.

Cheers

Derek