cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Find information about 700 min plan

Go to solution

Is it only me or does the BT website send you around in circles without getting information. Been trying to find out cost etc of the call plans available to me, on Pay As You Go at the moment and it is costing too much. The website is so difficult to navigate and nowhere to email them. Tried to set up a chat but there was a 20min wait. Help

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Find information about 700 min plan

Go to solution

Try this!

https://www.bt.com/landline/deals/

Or phone 0330 1234 150

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for sending an answer. But I have broadband as well with BT, maybe you can only have the 700min plan if you only have a landline.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

As far as I'm aware, the 500/700 minute plans no longer exist. It is either PAYG or unlimited.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

There is no 700 minute plan now. It's PAYG or Anytime calls plan which is considerable more expensive than it once was, like everything else.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

It's still available (with a caveat)

Go to solution

I also had problems finding info on both the 700-minute plan and the Home Phone Saver Plan. However, I've just been offered a landline (full fibre as a new/ returning customer) and 700 mins for £20.09 per month, which is effectively £12.09 for the line and £8 for calls. They called it 'Digital Voice Home Phone Only' with 700 mins Limited Calling Plan, and the included minutes can be used for calls to any UK landlines and mobiles.

For my retired parents this is a superior option to HPSP, as that restricts the free mobile calls to BT or EE mobile phones only. With over 11 hours worth of minutes available per month, this 700-minute offering is absolutely perfect for my folks, and I'm grateful that BT still offers this kind-of a package for people who don't need broadband and prefer not to chat on mobiles.  One thing though, it's not available if you have broadband with BT apparently.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Re: It's still available (with a caveat)

Go to solution

There are a few posts on here ( or other forums ) where the ‘Unlimited’ plan is discounted to £12 ( instead of the list price of £18 ) so £8 for 700 mins seems reasonable, it’s interesting to see a FTTP ‘phone only’ service ordered , ( on copper it’s been available to order for ages )  , BT have offered discounted rates for phone only customers that started as £7 ‘off’ the price and it is now ( anecdotally ) around £11 ( as it’s not a product shown on the website , it’s something you need to call BT about ) so your price is in the expected ‘ballpark’ .
Will a ‘standard’ FTTP service be installed ? , so using SH2 router , with  all ‘internet’ access disabled and only the DV phone service accessible, perhaps you can update this thread when it’s in and working explaining what was provided ….its also a little weird that the 700 mins is apparently only available only to phone only customers, most ( including me ) assumed it was no longer available .

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Re: It's still available (with a caveat)

Go to solution

@iniltous My understanding is that their area has gone full fibre, so it will be a fully digital line. Frankly, it would be more convenient if BT would just re-use the existing copper connection that's currently with Sky, even if it is on borrowed time. I say that because my parents put down new flooring a few years back and laid cables to extensions where they need them. Plus, now they'll have to pay extra money to run i. a router, ii. that BT box thing, iii. and at least couple of Digital Voice Adapters, just to get a landline. Okay that might be arguing over pennies, but it's not ideal for pensioners such as my parents to add ANY more to their already exorbitant service bills. Anyway, I shall come back and update on the router. 

0 Ratings