cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Friend trying to call me but his phone number is showing up as withheld when it isn't.

I have opted to block withheld numbers for a number of years now and my friend has not had any issues calling me from his landline as he doe snot withhold his number.

However, recently he has tried to call me but keeps getting sent to junk voicemail. I have checked my call logs and it is showing  numerous withheld calls at the time he was calling, hence him being redirected. My friend checked with BT and they confirmed to him that  his number is not being withheld, and I have certainly not added him to my list of blacklisted numbers.

He has no issues calling me from his mobile. Is there any reason for this apparent glitch?

I am aware that he can dial 1470 before calling me, but it would be better if we could resolve the issue permanently.

TIA

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Friend trying to call me but his phone number is showing up as withheld when it isn't.

Assuming your friend is calling you from his contact list, ask him to punch it in manually and see what happens (just in case he's prefixed your number with 141 in his contact list or his phone is dialling 141 for some reason)

0 Ratings