cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full Fibre to Home and BT Xenon answerphone

Go to solution

Can I use my BT Xenon 1500 answering machine via a Digital Voice Adapter on a FFTP line and a BT Smarthub 2?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full Fibre to Home and BT Xenon answerphone

Go to solution

yes but as 1571 comes automatic with DV make sure you set number of rings on DV to max and your answering machine to a lesser number of rings

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks for your help. A related question - will I still see caller display on the handsets working from the Xenon?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

there are mixed posts when using the DV adapters - some have no problems with caller display working while others find it does not work but does if they connect to the socket on back of hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Just to update on this.  The DVA works perfectly in conjunction with the BT Xenon 1500 providing caller display and cutting in to my message on the answerphone after 6 rings as before.  I set the BT answerphone service to the highest number of rings so it would not interfere.  Unsurprisingly a newer BT phone works fine when plugged directly into the Smart Hub 2 also providing caller display.