cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Full fibre Digital Voice with two handsets, both "dumb".

We have just had full fiber installed, and have a phone connected by Digital Voice Adapter and one plugged into the SmartHub2 phone socket.

Why can't we share a phone call  ?

Why do I get dial tone on one phone while the other is on a call ?

Does this mean we can make two calls at once ? (Actually no, you get busy tone).

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Full fibre Digital Voice with two handsets, both "dumb".

yes with DV you can have 2 calls going at same time but with this you cannot share calls  your can go to DV phone then line settings and change call from multi to single which gives just the one line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Even with single call, there is no connectivity between phones using the green socket and phones using DV adapters.

Multiple phones using extension wiring from the green socket have connectivity as do multiple phones using DV adapters.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

However, I have now installed TWO DVAs, one for each phone, and guess what - I can make TWO completely separate outgoing calls at the same time, and yes - it is the same for incoming calls. Both hand sets ring, you can pick the call up on either handset and then make a new call on the other. I have not yet tried the obvious remaining question - can you receive two incoming calls at the same time ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Yes.

If you want to be able to pick up the same call on a second phone, you will need to change the settings from multi call to single call as @imjolly  said.

I have a Panasonic DECT base station connected to the green socket of the hub with 2 handsets. I also have 2 Digital Voice handsets. With single call enabled, the call can be answered on any one of the 4 handsets and picked up by the second handset of the same type that answered the call, but not either of the other type. The DV adapter behaves in exactly rthe same way as DV handsets.

Hope that is clear.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Imjolly describes this change using a "DV phone", which I don't have. is there another way ?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Unfortunately not. Can you borrow one from someone? Or they are very cheap on Ebay apparently.

0 Ratings