Message 11 of 28

Re: Hackers keep diverting my mothers landline

Go to solution
Thanks rbz5416, very useful.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 28

Go to solution

Frankly, BT have failed to engage with us on this subject, we are appalled.  It is impossible to cut through their defensiveness and unwillingness to engage directly with us.  We are demanding to hear the call recordings that enabled the fraudulent line divert(s) but cannot seem to reach anyone who is willing to discuss our request.  BT have acknowledged that a 3rd party requested the divert fraudulently.  We have been given a fraud report number but customers are apparently not able to contact the fraud department.  They say they will call my elderly mother (not me, sadly), but that will not work because: 1 she is elderly, vulnerable and easily confused, and 2 we have told her that calls purporting to be from BT are most likely scammers (which they are) - so she will hang up.

We are lifetime customers, shareholders and ex employees.  BT are not respecting us as customers and are leaving an elderly, vulnerable customer exposed, confused and high and dry. 

It seems that the only solution now possible is to leave BT.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 28

Go to solution

Did you respond to the mods as invited in message 6 by @DavidM 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 28

Go to solution

Yes, we have responded on all fronts.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 28

Go to solution

Hi @fatbelly

Thanks for posting back!

I am sorry for all the problems and realise how important this is to investigate, thoroughly.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Reply back to me as soon as you can and we will take it from there.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 28

Go to solution

@fatbelly clearly you didn't respond to the mods or@RobbieMac  wouldn't have needed to resend the invitation

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 28

Go to solution

Hi @fatbelly 

Thank you for replying to my private message.

Given what you've described above, I can fully understand your reasons for not wanting to disclose the account details in order for us to investigate.  Unfortunately, without the account details, there isn't anything we'll be able to do from here I'm afraid.

Your best bet would be to call the helpdesk on 0330 1234 150 at your own convenience to get this progressed.  Just to re-emphasise, all the moderators on the community are BT employees (including myself).  You can see our moderator badge which is visible underneath our username beside each post.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 28

Go to solution

@fatbelly i've gave you the link to request the calls earlier in this topic, you can't demand them over the phone as theres a process to follow

Also are you not an account manager then? Strange that you're not happy with them following the security process & only speaking with authorised people when tbe issue is exactly about that, they're only following security

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 28

Go to solution

I do not understand your point or what you hope to gain. 

I have replied to all contacts from moderators and all contacts, particularly Robbie's.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 28

Go to solution

To put it bluntly you're complaining about account security but are wanting BT to ignore security in dealing with it by the looks of it, they can only contact authorised people hence the need to speak to the account holder