Message 1 of 6

Help/Advice

Hi all, in need of some help please.

My fibre has gone down making our landline unusable and all that goes with it.

They have sent us a mini hub which due to the signal strength in our area is not much better if any than our mobiles on 4g. 

Are there any other options I could ask for. The only reason we kept the landline is to guarantee we could get calls especially hospital appointments for my wife  but due to going through the fibre it's now useless.

The mobile signal is very poor plus there is a registered fault with the mast which is not helping.

The engineer is not due until Monday 16th oct

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Mini hub

Hi @October I'm really sorry you have a broadband fault that's affecting your landline. The Mini Hub uses the EE network to provide you with a 4G connection in the event of a fault but if the signal is not good in your area this can impact the performance of the Mini Hub. Have you tried moving it around your home to find the best signal? It's best to keep it near a window for optimum signal strength. If there is also a fault with the mast affecting the signal there would be no alternative options to provide you with a temporary connection and I apologise for the inconvenience this is causing. 

If you have Halo 3 and we can't keep you connected, you may be entitled to an additional £20 compensation. If you let the faults team know the mini hub isn't helping due to the signal issues they can arrange that for you.

Neil

Message 3 of 6

Re: Help/Advice

This is the kind of thing which worries me if I am forced into Digital Voice later this year. My home land line has never been down, not once since I first became a BT customer in 1984 - 40 years. Obviously I am lucky but the broadband has gone down since we got it in and its predecessors in the 90s. If everything can be kept completely separate then that is more protective of people, if X does down Y still works etc.

Does anyone know if like smart meters people have a right to refuse Digital Voice and keep a landline until the very last minute of switch off?

Message 4 of 6

If you are over 75, I think you can defer the changeover, but you need to let BT know.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Good point Jane.
We only kept our landline due to poor 4g so we would have comms for important calls like hospital appointments . But now we've lost the landline and the mob is hit and miss and usually drops most calls around the house.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

If you are over 75, I think you can defer the changeover, but you need to let BT know.

How about if you make over 75 posts fretting about it?