cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Switched to DV today - all good!

Go to solution

My switchover happened today and so far, touching wood, everything is OK.  The change seemed to happen pretty much at midnight as yesterday my Smart Hub webpage says that phone was not configured, but when I checked just after midnight that section had our number in it.  This morning I had an email from BT saying "you're good to go" and I can call out and receive calls with no issues.

From start to finish we've only had one glitch.  Initially I had an email on 30th August saying we'd be switched over in the next 30 days, and that I'd get an actual date in a later email.  A few days later a card came through the door repeating this, and inviting me to order a free digital voice adapter from the EE store (took one, although I'd already ordered two Advanced Phone with Alexa handsets.)  After that, silence.  30 days after 30th August came and went with no "go live" date arriving.  I posted on here asking for clarification and NeilO - one of the moderators - reached out to me via private message, discovered what the issue was, and kick-started it all.  A few days later I got an email saying we'd be switched on 12th October, then another yesterday saying it would happen overnight, and true to their word it's happened.

Haven't had chance to really try the new handsets yet but if anyone else is getting them you can pair them with your hub and leave them on charge before you go live - we've had ours on their stands for about three weeks! - and also create contacts in advance, and they'll sync with the hub when you're switched.  

Thanks again to NeilO for his help in fixing the one glitch that happened along the way. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Switched to DV today - all good!

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

@PeteL71  Good news. Remember to make a backup of your contacts as they are stored on the hub rather than the handsets and a factory reset of the hub will wipe them.

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @PeteL71 No problem at all, I was happy that I was able to help.

Neil

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Why the automated response? This is of no help or interest to anyone, is not an appropriate reply to the OP. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
It's produced by a bot which responds to every new post on the community. Didn't bother me, and I'm the person who started the thread.
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@apoplectic wrote:

Why the automated response? This is of no help or interest to anyone, is not an appropriate reply to the OP. 

The clue is in what you have said: It is an automated response that is triggered by key words with in a post on this board.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@apoplectic wrote:

Because 99% of the questions asked about DV are answered in the FAQ which nobody bothers to read first.