cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Helping elderly neighbour report a fault

This highlights a serious failing of BT to provide a decent service for elderly members of the community. 

I've spent close to 3 hours helping my 85 year old neighbour after she lost her landlines and email (also with BT).

It seems that she fell through the cracks on EE migration and everyone stated she's never had a landlines. Except she had, for 33 years at that property. 

I couldn't raise a fault as it was all linked to my services and tests on my landline.

Why are customers having to deal with the detriment of a migration? Plan it properly and look after your customers.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Helping elderly neighbour report a fault

Hi @Viking272

Welcome and thanks for your post!  I have moved your post to create your own thread as the conversation you posted on is from 2022 and has already been marked as solved.

I am sorry for the problems you've been having reporting a fault on behalf of your elderly neighbour.  I appreciate how vital it is that the service is working for them when they need it.  I'm just dropping by to double check everything is in hand now and if not, we'll be happy to pick up from here.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks Robbie for the message and update.

It would seem the migration to EE is causing the issue here and my poor neighbour is really struggling.

I've messaged you some details of her account directly.

I would estimate she has been around 10 - 14 days without a phone line.

She has no means of communication now and at 85 relies on the phone an awful lot.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi @Viking272 Many thanks we'll be in touch, has your neighbour plugged her phone into the phone socket on the back of the router? All EE landline phone services are now provided via the Digital Home phone service which works over the broadband connection. 

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thanks Neil.

I went to see my neighbour an hour ago and a line has now been provisioned!

It is a temporary number and we're expecting her old number that she's had for 30+ years to be added to the line soon.

Sadly for her these BT digital phones keep losing her address book entries so she has no numbers.

How can we back them up?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@Viking272 Brilliant hopefully it's not too long before the number is changed back, page 20 on the user guide explains how to save contacts on digital voice phones. Is she possibly deleting the contacts by mistake?

If she still has her old phone it can be plugged into the green socket on the back of the Hub and used as before.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

As contacts are stored on the Hub I'd be inclined to suspect the loss being down to the Hub being repeatedly reset remotely while trying to fix the problem. If you log onto the Hub there should be an option under the telephone section to backup contacts to a PC.

Message 8 of 8

Thanks rbz, that makes sense.

I'll re-add numbers and then backup.

0 Ratings