cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Home phone will not let calls through

Go to solution

Hi, I have BT broadband and also BT home phones which only lets through calls that were registered on the phone, but recently phone would not let know numbers/calls through, would just say no number. thought it was phones faulty so bought new cordless phones, BT premium phones which are very similar to the old phones and block any unwanted calls coming through, but same again my mobile and others all in phone but when I try to call my home phone I have to go through the system of telling the service who I am and wait for call to be answered, but when I check on home phone, it just states no number, I tried the *#234# to check my caller ID was still working and it states it is, so I am a bit lost as to why the numbers of friends and family (mobiles and land lines) will not be able to call my home phone and manage to get straight through to ring our phone. It worked fine on ole phones up until about 1 week ago, any help appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Home phone will not let calls through

Go to solution

Do you a landline or are you on Digital Voice (DV)?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Land line

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@SteveE2 

Its most likely a faulty exchange line card port.

The fact that it says its enabled, is purely a software response from the exchange itself, but hardware failures are quite common. Broadband equipment can also affect the signalling out to line.

You need to report this to BT, so an Openreach Frames Technician can check it at the exchange, using a portable caller display unit.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you for your help, I will do this on my day off.
0 Ratings