cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

How much notice before switchover date?

Go to solution

Hi.  I had an email on 30th August saying my digital voice switchover would be happening in the next 30 days.  I'm quite looking forward to it and have bought new handsets (advanced phone with Alexa), paired them with the hub, added contacts, and have had them on charge for the last week, ready for the switchover.  However, since that email on 30th August I've heard nothing.  By my reckoning, 30 days from then will be 29th September, which is two days away.  How much notice BT give of the actual switchover date?  Could it be the case that it's been delayed, or is it normal to get one or two days' notice?

BTW my analogue phone line is still working normally, and my smart hub settings say that digital voice is not configured.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: How much notice before switchover date?

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @PeteL71 Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I would have expected that you would have had further communications by now. Are you using a Smart Hub 2 that has been supplied by BT?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi NeilO.  Yes - have a SmartHub2 which I've had for well over a year.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

@PeteL71 did you buy it yourself or was it sent to you by BT? 

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

It was sent to me by BT when my previous hub developed a fault.

I've had the card inviting me to get a DV adapter (took one, in case I ever needed it or our new phones didn't work) but since then nothing.  

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@PeteL71 no problem, we'll take a look at this to make sure it's not delayed. I'll send a private message so you can get in touch with your details.

Thanks

Neil

Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Sorry to cut in Neil but I though my experience might be useful...

In my own case it took 92 days.

Initial email on the 19th June.  Second email on the 2nd August saying 30 days, followed by a letter saying exactly the same on the 5th August.  Postcard with setup instructions on the 15th August.  Postcard with invitation to order adapters on the 17th August.  However, it got to the 1st September (i.e. 30 days) and nothing.

The mods on here looked into it for me and got it moving again.  (Thanks for that gentlemen).  7 day notice arrived on 11th September.  Service activation was at 3:50 am on the 19th September.  It needed a reboot of the hub to get everything working but apart from that, activation was very smooth.  Phones are behaving same as they always did.

Worth noting that it appeared on the My BT order tracking a week before the due date.  It also offered me the chance to adjust the date here, if I wanted to.

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@NeilO   Replied to your DM a couple of days ago.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

In case anyone is following this thread, here's an update.....

On 30th August I received an email saying I was being switched over to Digital Voice in the next 30 days, which by my reckoning would be 29th September.  A few days later I received a card inviting me to request a free adapter in case I was using an old phone (took one), and that my actual switchover date would be communicated via email.  I also took the plunge and bought a pair of the new advanced phone with Alexa handsets which I thought I'd use instead of our current phone, but keep it and the adapter as backups.

Since then, nothing.  29th came and went with no further emails and no switchover.

NeilO saw this thread and sent me a personal message, asking me for my details which I provided.  He advised me that BT had me down as not having a Smart Hub 2 (I definitely have one - it has the DV phone port on the back, and if I pull the tab out with the wifi password it says Smart Hub 2 by the serial number) but for some reason I'd not been sent a SH2.  Neil ran some diagnostics remotely on my hub and confirmed that it is a SH2, despite its serial number being listed as that of a SH1 at BT (no idea why - Neil baffled too).  Anyway, a day after that I received an email from BT saying that my migration is now happening on 12th October, so seven days from now. 

My new handsets are paired with the hub - although unable to connect to the internet due to the migration not having happened yet - and fully charged ready to go, and fingers crossed that this time next week we'll be up and running.  Huge thanks to NeilO for all his help, and for getting things moving again.  I'll post back again next week to say how the migration went on the day.