cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: How to block India

Go to solution

@oldles 

Be very careful with blocking withheld callers. 

It’s a matter of choice. Older callers (and even younger inexperienced callers) can become confused with these settings and automated replies.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

Have ordered a CPR 5000 and will install it at my mums place.= (it's her that is having these calls and they are stressing her out).

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

The CPR5000 needs nothing done to it and it won't automatically block (or at least my 202 model doesn't) withheld you'd need to manually do that.

I keep a notepad on my PC of how many and which type of calls have been blocked and I've just scrolled back to February 2013. The CPR display shows blocked calls:

That includes inbuilt numbers in the unit, number ranges (70% of numbers I've addded) and specific numbers (very few). I think maybe 12 of those I hit the big BLOCK button and then blocked those ranges.

The whole of this year I've had 2 calls from scammers (Indiam mobile numbers eg West Bengal State 07031335916) and of course I very carefully blocked those ranges. That example I block everything 070* as I don't think  that's a number that would ever call. To do that I press: **7# 07 and then press #. That's all I've done to the CPR this year I don't even know it's there.

Incidentally, I said I use this with FTTP/DV I plug the CPR unit into the Smart Hub 2 and then the cable that comes out the CPR unit goes into an old desktop telephone that's where I dial into the CPR to block a range or a number I may of missed with the BLOCK NOW button. To remove a blocked number/range you just scroll to it onthe CPR unit then press the remove button on the CPR.

I've had a real mobile call from Spain and Dubai in the last few months so no problems there.

0 Ratings