cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

How to get BT to support their new 7660 landline phone with a compatible Repeater.

I've purchased one of BT's new model 7660 phones with 4 handsets. The handset on our second floor is out of range with the base station and I've been told by an electrician who investigated the issue that I need a BT Repeater, and that I should be careful to ensure I got a compatible model for my phone. I contacted the BT Shop who told me to speak to Technical Support  to ensure I got the right Repeater. However, Technical Support told me BT's current repeaters don't work with their latest model phones and BT need to make a new model for their latest phones. I asked how I should get BT to do this. They told me I should get back in touch with the BT Shop to ask that BT support their new phones with a compatible repeater. The BT Shop were no help, writing in an email that they cannot help and would not respond to further questions on the issue. How do I get BT to make a Repeater to support their new phones like the 7660? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: How to get BT to support their new 7660 landline phone with a compatible Repeater.

I am not aware of any DECT repeater that works with BT phones. DECT repeaters are normally very expensive anyway, and its usually best to relocate the base station so that its within range of all handsets.

You could ask the product helpdesk, but I doubt they would know.

Phones that support DECT repeaters have a "Repeater Mode" option on their menu.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Re: How to get BT to support their new 7660 landline phone with a compatible Repeater.

Thanks for the advice Keith. In the old days when a phone plugged into a phone socket I could have relocated the base station easily, but unfortunately the base station now has to be plugged into the internet hub, and my hub can't be moved for various reasons.    

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

If your DV service is being provided on an FFTP connection, you can use your old extension wiring to relocate the base station.

Message 5 of 7

@RWS wrote:

Thanks for the advice Keith. In the old days when a phone plugged into a phone socket I could have relocated the base station easily, but unfortunately the base station now has to be plugged into the internet hub, and my hub can't be moved for various reasons.    

No it doesn't. You can utilise your existing wiring and plug that into the rear of the hub instead of the base station and then plug your base station in any convenient extension socket.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@RWS 

So you are a BT Retail customer with BT Digital voice, as you did not mention that.

See the advice by @rbz5416  and see https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

The digital voice adapter may be of help, but its probably easier to wire the old extension wiring to the socket on the home hub.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@rbz5416 wrote:

If your DV service is being provided on an FFTP connection, you can use your old extension wiring to relocate the base station.

It can also be achieved with an FTTC connection, just slightly more complicated.

0 Ratings