cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

How to get a reported fault progressed with OpenReach?

Hi,

I don't know where else to ask, but I've had a fault open on my BT account against my landline since 24th Oct and have no luck getting any updates or information when it'll be fixed.

After a heavy lightning storm the ADSL broadband connection dropped and ever since then when it does connect it's unstable and much slower. Reported to BT who tested it and found a problem on the line. OpenReach came out a few days later and narrowed it down to an underground run of cable in the road but didn't have the necessary equipment with them to investigate/repair. OpenReach came out again yesterday and of course didn't know anything about the previous investigation and so didn't have any equipment with them to repair.

In the MyBT section it says the estimated fix date is 27th Oct but nothing more than that. No communication and BT are impossible to contact at the moment. I'm trying to phone BT but it's a 45 minute wait.

Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to get a reported fault progressed with OpenReach?

If you are a BT customer then they are your point of contact but, as explained at Write to us with a complaint | Openreach you could try the OR chat system (icon in bottom right of page)

Message 3 of 4

In view of the time scale and lack of any update regarding your problem I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

Message 4 of 4

Hi @arronharden,

Thanks for taking the time to post up on the Community about your fault.

I am sorry that we haven't been able to get your fault fixed or keep you updated about what's happening. I have sent you a private message with some info that I need before my team can look into this for you. It may take us a few working days to, personally get, back to you but we will do everything we can to help.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings