cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

How to replace batteries in a BT Advnced Digital Home Phone with Alexa Built-in

I have checked on the BT website and in the manuals but there are no instructions on how to remove the back of the phone.  The Digital Voice Essential Handsets are easy to slide open the battery compartment.  Am I missing something here?  
Please help

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: How to replace batteries in a BT Advnced Digital Home Phone with Alexa Built-in

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: How to replace batteries in a BT Advnced Digital Home Phone with Alexa Built-in

Hi @GCMA 

See page 41 of your manual. I find that they come apart very easily (I have four).

Advanced Digital Home Phone with Alexa built-in User guide (ee.co.uk)

Screenshot 2023-07-19 131257.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

This is a very difficult procedure as the back of the Advanced Digital Home Phone with Alexa built-in looks like a sealed unit. I have spoken with Bt who know nothing really about how to go about the procedure.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thank you for the diagram showing how to open the back of the advanced digital voice handset.  Not easy to do.

Am struggling.  The Digital Voice Essential handsets are easier as they have a visible battery compartment. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi @GCMA 

I can only repeat mine come apart very easily. Make sure that you are pulling apart the two separate bits at the base and not fighting against your self. Put one finger in where the two contacts are, and the other on the very edge of the back piece and they should come apart.

Message 7 of 8

Hi @GCMA 

DSC00729.JPG

Message 8 of 8

I agree that although the picture in the manual shows the back cover coming off, it could be clearer how to start the process to remove the cover on the Alexa phone. I found that putting a fingernail in between the small gap between the back and the phone body on the lower corner on either side (the area shown in your photograph) and some gentle pulling apart with the other hand was enough to seperate the cover from the phone base. Once you've done it once (or seen it done), THEN its a lot clearer. As already mentioned in this thread, the process for the BT Essentials battery cover removal is far more obvious and I can understand people not getting how to seperate the back cover off the Advanced Alexa phone until they've read/seen this thread or seen the YouTube video that shows it in action!

Tags (3)
0 Ratings