cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

I'm on DV call blocking

Go to solution

I have DV on an FTTP line.

My issue is how do I block international calls?

When I've looked at the options it lumps international calls in with private numbers. The problem is many NHS and medical staff when making calls, especially for phone appointments, call from either a withheld or private number. So I'm not able to block international calls, which some scammers use, because it would block my NHS phone appointments from contacting me.

I don't know why the two types of call have been lumped together.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: I'm on DV call blocking

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi, @Bowdon welcome to the community and thanks for posting, you can choose to block individual call types when managing call protect in MyBT in your case you need to click on the international button to stop them and leave withheld and unrecognised on allow.

Call protect how to guide

Individual Call Types (Online)

You can send all calls from certain categories to your junk voicemail. When your service is provided, the call type categories will be set to ‘allow’, meaning you'll continue to receive calls from these numbers. By changing the setting to ‘stop’, calls from these numbers will be sent to your junk voicemail. The three call types are:

✓ International numbers
✓ Withheld numbers
✓ Unrecognised numbers (shown as 'unavailable' on caller display or on 1471)

You can manage this by going to 'Settings page' > 'Call type settings' > 'Stop/Allow'

Update individual call types

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi there,

Are those settings from call barring? I haven't added that to the package yet.

I've been using call protect. But the screen is very different to the one you posted.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Bowdon, the screen shot is for Call Protect but it's probably a old screen shot on the web. The functionality should be the same to block calls.

BT Call Protect - 'How to...' guide | BT Help

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

In the Call Protect section on the website it shows my number and tells me the 1572 number to manage the junk voicemail.

There are sub-sections; Your blacklist, Your recent callers, Blacklist settings, Call Protect help.

I selected Blacklist settings.

I posted an image of the screen I get. It looks nothing like the screen on the help page (which is a shame as that one looks better).

Do I untick International calls?

ThanksBTCall2.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Bowdon 

Yes, untick International Calls and click Save.