cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

I want to cancel landline only

Hi

I have BT broadband & BT TV with mobiles.  

Therefore, I dont need my landline number any more. I understand this will save £5 per month.

Is this correct & how do I proceed?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: I want to cancel landline only

Call Customer Service on 150 and ask for a Broadband Only Package, it’s called SOGEA;

Single

Order

Generic

Ethernet

Access

Once BT have inadvertently cut you off completely post back here and the MODS will arrange to restore your Broadband.  

Message 3 of 17

Will i lose my broadband for a time?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Don’t worry, that last bit was just a joke about BT’s sheer and utter incompetence to deal with things they should be World Leaders in given they’ve got close to 150 years experience in Telecommunications.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

In an ideal world, no, but this is BT. Hence@@Starwire comment 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

The £5 reductions seems to be typical BT smoke & mirrors that only applies to new customers. I have a renewal "deal" on MyBT & I can select no landline. If I do that the price is exactly the same as with one. 😂

The new customer deal is also very misleading in that all they've done is keep pricing broadly the same, but remove the landline. Then charge you an additional £5 for it. A very creative definition of a "saving".

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

@Starwirewrote:

Once BT have inadvertently cut you off completely post back here and the MODS will arrange to restore your Broadband.  

I like it, at least there's some positives to take out of the experience 🤣

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

@rbz5416wrote:

The £5 reductions seems to be typical BT smoke & mirrors that only applies to new customers.

The saving refers only to no longer needing a mandatory calling plan, BT no longer offer any inclusive calls but many existing customers have legacy calling plans which are free, in which case there is no saving to be made.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

AKA smoke and mirrors 😂😂

Message 10 of 17

@licquoricewrote:

AKA smoke and mirrors 😂😂

To you maybe, to me it's clear and obvious but we all see things differently 🙂
All new calling plans cost money and you have to have one if you want to make/receive calls, if you don't need it then you don't need to pay for one, it's really that simple.

0 Ratings