cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

International call to france

Hi there, 

Wonder if anybody can help. Calling from Britain to my sister in France , landline to landline. She can hear me fine but her voice just breaks up and impossible to have a conversation. Both our landlines are ok otherwise. Tried calling from my mobile, same problem, she can hear me but just broken up speech the other way. She is convinced her landline in France is ok.

Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: International call to france

The common denominator would appear to be your sister's line. What happens if she originates the call?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi sage

The problem is the same when she calls us but she has no problems with domestic calls in France

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Do you use any third party ‘cheap rate’ call providers , using some sort of access code , or call using BT at BT call rates etc ?, even if you don’t , the fact that mobile calls are also affected sort of eliminates your landline end….if you use BT , you could try registering with a call carrier and try a call using them to see if it’s the same , or if you use a third party for international calls , try BT or a different call provider .

Issues like this will prove to be impossible to trace and fix using regular reporting methods , but it’s possible the issue could simply resolve itself if the system at fault , whoever it belongs to , in this county or in France , is fixed because it has self reported, or is picked up by routine testing.

0 Ratings