cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 34

Incoming call turns handset display to bt logo then to synchronising handset data

Hi,

we have digital voice and two BT HD Voice handsets.  They have worked find for about a year but now either one or both at the same time will not let us answer incoming calls. They ring, then when answer is pressed they display the bt logo, finding hub (or similar), then ‘synchronising handset data’ for about 30 seconds then back to the main screen.

sometimes by the time I get to the handset it is already saying ‘synchronising handset data’.

I have both reset and powered off/on the smart hub.

I have de registered and re-registered the handsets.

at the moment one handset allows me to answer calls from my mobile but the other does not.

any ideas of things I may try to fix this?

thanks.

0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34

Re: Incoming call turns handset display to bt logo then to synchronising handset data

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 34

Re: Incoming call turns handset display to bt logo then to synchronising handset data

Sounds like dying batteries. You can replace them with regular alkalines as a test & if they then work OK, buy some more rechargeables.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 34

I've been experiencing the same problem with my BT digital handsets on incoming calls and sometimes when I make outgoing calls. The handsets have new batteries, so I know it's not down to that. Any one have any ideas?

I've connected my older BT handset into the router which allows me to answer incoming calls if I'm quick enough or when the new handset decides it's going to synchronise when I need to make an outgoing call.

TIA.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 34

Hi, I’m still having the same problem, in fact at the moment I can’t access my messages as the handset reboots when I try.  Back in May I was on a “BT support” (oxymoron) chat for one hour twenty minutes trying to get this solved, I kept typing a full stop to ensure the chat didn’t time out (which has happened before as there was ‘no response’ from me). I was told I didn’t need to do that and guess what happened?  Yes, the chat was cut, no solution, nothing.  I have no choice about keeping the landline due to a vulnerable 92 year old potential user. It’s anyone guess if it will work should he ever need it in an emergency.  Yes, I did explain this to support engineer that there was a vulnerable user dependent on the service, as he has a lifeline attached to it too.  I have a copy of the full chat text as proof of all of this.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 34

@Zeb267 

I don't have DV so don't know for sure how the DV handsets behave. But a BT logo appearing would suggest a loss of power due to dead batteries. Assuming you tried replacement batteries (you haven't said), then the next question mark would be distance between handsets & SH2. Have you tried moving the handset(s) closer to see if the problem persists?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 34

I also think its a battery issue, its almost the same as what used to happen with the old "hub phones" that used to be part of the old Broadband Talk service.

They used to crash out when switched to speakerphone mode, as the batteries were incapable of providing the extra current.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 34

@Zeb267 and @EricM welcome back to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your digital voice handsets. Have you tried resetting the handsets by following these steps?

How to reset the handset

• Press Menu
  • Go to Phone settings
  • Select Reset
  • Press Select
  • Then choose Reset Handset
  • After a few seconds, the handset will be reset

Once the handset has been reset:

• Press OK to the Register this Handset to the Hub message on the screen
  • Once you've done that, press the Register (WPS) button on the side of the Hub for 2 seconds.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 34

Hi,

just done that and while trying to retrieve recorded messages the unit rebooted back with the bt logo. 
regards 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 34

Hi,

Serious question - would the handsets’ displays show batteries as charged if it were flat/dead/ faulty batteries?

thanks.

0 Ratings