cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 34

Re: Incoming call turns handset display to bt logo then to synchronising handset data

@Zeb267wrote:

Hi,

Serious question - would the handsets’ displays show batteries as charged if it were flat/dead/ faulty batteries?

thanks.

Yes. The issue is that there appears to be absolutely no charging control in either the phones or chargers, so the batteries are constantly charged. This leads to a dramatic reduction in their capacity to the point where they show as "charged", but drain almost immediately they are removed from the charger.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 34

Re: Incoming call turns handset display to bt logo then to synchronising handset data

Is this issue being addressed in later versions of the handset?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 34

This thread seems to have petered out a while back, but if I may, I'd like to resurrect it as I also am experiencing the same problem. I should add that I have four BT Digital phones which have only recently been put into service along with a full fibre broadband and Smart Hub 2. I think I can safely say it isn't a battery problem as the handsets are all brand new (at least I would not expect a battery problem) On more than  one occasion an incoming call sets all three handsets into "syncing handset" mode whereby  it is impossible to accept the call until this darn syncing exercise is complete - by which time the caller has of course given up and gone home! I sense there's a problem but I'm at a bit of a loss to understand it. All  phones are within range of the smart hub. This has only  become noticeable in the last couple of weeks although I have done nothing to change/modify the original set up. I do have an additional Panasonic DECT system plugged into the phone socket of the hub which doesn't seem to suffer from the same affliction. Any ideas please before I try and book this out as a fault.

PT.

Message 14 of 34

@oldbuffer1 

The supplied batteries are no good, one poster on this forum said they were 14 years old. They need changing.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Weird-issue-with-BT-Advanced-Phone-with-Ale...

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 34

I had the same problem not long after receiving the new handsets. I put new batteries in the h/s (even though they should've been ok), but it didn't cure the problem. One of the moderators got in touch and ordered new h/s for me and so far they've been ok - I returned the original h/s to BT.

Contact one of the admins and they'll help you out.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 34

Cant tell the age of the batteries but only one pair changed so far even though both showing 1.42 volts (assume OK as AFAIK, ni-mh batteries don't charge to the full 1.5v.  Is 1.42 volts the fully charged state? If just one of the four handsets have faulty batteries would that affect all the others? (I dont really want to change them all unless I have to.)

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 34

@oldbuffer1 

The voltage is not really a reliable indicator of the capability of the batteries to provide the peak current demand, when a call is in progress. The internal resistance of the batteries can be too great.

To prove it, temporarily substitute the batteries for standard alkaline ones, but do not put them on the charging base. If the phones behave themselves, then that proves its the rechargeable batteries.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 34

That  sounds like a plan. Would I be right in assuming that if only  one of the handsets had duff batteries, on an incoming call, that phone would  start the syncing  handset routine  which would then show up on all the others, locking them out until the routine was complete?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 34

Not sure, its possible that only one handset can sync at a time, as it has to access the user config file, and this would have an exclusive lock on it.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 34

How about a dead handset?  If it was part of the configured group, would the system be continually searching for it, or would it just be ignored? I just found a dead phone in one of our  bedrooms.  It wouldn't charge as somehow there was only one battery in it!!! (Don't ask!)

0 Ratings