cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 34

Re: Incoming call turns handset display to bt logo then to synchronising handset data

Ignored, its the handset that polls the base station, not the other way round.

As for the lack of battery, and the poor quality batteries, there is no answer to that ...

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 34

Re: Incoming call turns handset display to bt logo then to synchronising handset data

My handsets have been the same since I had them last year. I've asked bt to cancel my landlines but they said I can't so I've insisted on two new handsets. Being posted to me this week

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 34

@sues1958 

Its just the batteries that are no good and need changing. There is no guarantee that the batteries in the replacement handsets will be any better, as they are all probably of the same age.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 34

Thanks for your reply...Having read lots on here about these phones some have said it is the batteries and some say not, will update when I get new phones

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 34

Having had the same problem as reported earlier in this thread, I can confirm that in my case, it was indeed the battery. There was no way knowing how old the batteries were - not even an indication on the batteries themselves - so I changed the rechargables on all four of my BT Digital Handsets  about a month ago, and no further Syncing  problems have been experienced. Having said that , it's not something that BT should be proud of - in effect selling equipment not fit for purpose even if it is only a battery problem.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 34

Thanks for your reply. I told BT they were not fit for purpose so I wanted to cancel my landline but they told me I couldn't whilst still in contract for my broadband !

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 34

That was  not strictly true information. You can cancel your landline but it will also cancel your broadband which you would then have to take out a new contract. Crazy but that's the way it is currently. Cancelling your landline would only save £3/m or possibly £5/m (it seems to vary dependent on wind direction) in any case.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 34

@sues1958 

You can still use your old phone, by simply plugging it into the phone socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2. There is no need to use any of the BT digital handsets.

Message 29 of 34

I only pay £1.29  a month for landline so I'm happy to have replacement handsets but I will try new batteries

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 34

Changed the batteries this morning and still having same problem

0 Ratings