cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Is Digital Voice ever offered for no monthly fee?

Hi folks, 

I have signed up to the Full Fibre 500 without Digital Voice, to be honest I don't want to pay £5 a month for pay as you go, and for the  number of calls I would ever make, none of the unlimited minute packages were appealing.

If for nothing else, I would like to have Digital Voice for incoming calls.

Has anyone managed to get the pay as you go option of Digital Voice added for a no monthly fee, to a broadband package?

Thanks a lot.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is Digital Voice ever offered for no monthly fee?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Clearly, if you wish to receive incoming calls, BT will incur costs to provide that facility and is only appropriate that those costs are passed on. You cannot expect something for nothing.

Message 4 of 5

@donegaljoewrote:

Has anyone managed to get the pay as you go option of Digital Voice added for a no monthly fee, to a broadband package?

PAYG Digital Voice was part of our broadband deal, we didn't add it, it was just included with no charge including one handset, however we are on FTTC rather than FTTP.

BT deals change so I would just keep an eye out to see if an opportunity comes round again. Not long until Black Friday so you never know.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I am FTTC and I have DV on Pay as You Go. I do not make outgoing calls, I use my mobile, but I do receive incoming calls. I do not pay anything for this service.

I recall that other posters on the forum have reported not being charged and others being charged £2.50 for the PAYG service and some paying £5.

I have no idea how it is decided who pays and who doesn't other than I told BT at the time of the change over to FTTC and DV I want to retain my landline phone but with zero cost and I was advised if I went PAYG that is what would happen and it did.

0 Ratings