cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Keeping caller redirect when cancelling broadband and phone

Go to solution

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to move broadband and phone to a new provider yet continue to keep the caller redirect service with BT? Caller redirect was activated a few years back when moving to a new town, so would like to keep that active.

-----------------------------------------
(BT Full Fibre 900 -- 980mbps down :: 110mbps up)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Keeping caller redirect when cancelling broadband and phone

Go to solution

@Moose_UK 

As caller redirect is implemented on the BT core phone network and is mapped to your BT service, then moving provider would result in that link being ceased, and the service would no longer work.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for that. Would using a third party such as Virtual Landline to forward the calls take the number away from BT meaning I could move provider?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I have no idea, but I cannot see how it could work, as the number you are directing from, would cease as soon as you cancelled the re-direct with BT.

Why is the number so important, as I would assume that most people you know, must already be aware of your new phone number, and the ongoing charge for the service must be costing you money?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

It’s an elderly family member that I’m asking on behalf of. I’ve suggested just cancelling it but that doesn’t seem to be an option at all 😂

Thank you for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

You wouldn't be able to keep it active, caller redirect is a chargeable service, if the BT account closed then so would then billing account the redirect was active on.