cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Landline cut off.

Go to solution

Hi, I have had my contract stopped and landline cut off by BT this Friday without notification. I am running a B&B and this is a disaster. I can't get through to any kind of meaningful help other than to make me start a new contract with a new number. Can anyone suggest who or how I contact to get our number back. This is on our B&B signage, and promo material and website etc.. No explanation given by BT phone operatives other than someone terminated the contract. It wasn't me.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Landline cut off.

Go to solution

@Rob1232 

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I am a residential BT customer.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

You should not be running your B&B business on a residential connection as that is contrary to your T&C

you need to phone CS 03301234150 and see if they can help you and explain why your line has been disconnected assuming it is not because you are running a business on residential connection

Unfortunately as it is residential line then there is no compensation for any loss of business

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I am a residential BT customer.

Then you may have been disconnected.

See http://www.bt.com/terms

6. How you can use the service

a. Each service is just for you and your household for personal use (meaning that it should not be used for any trade, business or profession). You're responsible for how each service and the loaned equipment are used.

11. When we may restrict, suspend or end a service

xii. You use a service for any trade, business or profession.

15.  What we're not responsible for and limits on our liability

iii. Any loss you suffer caused by you using a service in a way that breaks the agreement.
iv. Any commercial or businesses loss.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Perhaps moving over to a BT Business account would help, as they may be able to recover your number, as they use a Cloud based phone service. You would also be entitled to compensation for any future loss of service.

The transfer would need to be arranged by the res to bus conversion team, 0800 800 152 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm.
Customers who convert their Residential account to a Business account are entitled to have the Early Termination Charges refunded, providing they've had their Business service for more than 14 days. So once your business account is active over 14 days you can request a refund of the termination charges for the residential service.

No new analogue phone lines are being provided, owing to the pending closure of the PSTN network, so all new provisions have to be VOIP. That normally involves having a new number, if your existing PSTN has been ceased.

0 Ratings