cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Landline failure

My inlaws have now been without a landline for 5weeks with no end to the problem insight.

The phone stopped working without any prior notice that it would be turned off on the 27th October. This was reported on the 31st October and were informed that an engineer would call the next day with an appointment nobody called.

Rang BT again on the 3rd November and was on the phone for 1.5 hrs trying to sort it out and were informed that it would be connected within 24hrs. It wasn't!

Called BT again on the 6th November and was informed they had been selected to be cut off from normal landline. At no point were they informed of this before the line went off. They then said that a new router would be sent out as they needed the smart hub 2 for compatability and this would arrive within 48hrs and we would have a call back on the 9th November. Neither of these things happened!

Called again on the 10th November and were informed they haven't sent the new hub as they were trying to sort out the issue with the landline being cut off. They then said they would send the hub out and would be able to retain there old number. Were promised another call on the 11th November to confirm they had kept the same number but again nobody called! But the hub did turn up.

Called yet again on the 13th November and was informed the order was still open and it will take 3 working days to get this set up and they will call back on the 15th November at 10.30

No call back so rang them at 10.45 to be informed it was a call slot from 10.30 - 12.30

When there was still no call back at 12.40 rang them again. This time we were told that the issue was now with the broadband being full copper and not half copper and half fiber. This is something you would of thought they should know before they start disconnecting people. 

We were called back again on 16th November to be told the order was still open and they will call back as soon as it is closed. At 18.45 were called again and told that the order was still open and this can take another 3 working days.

We requested an engineer out to set everything up and get the line working again.

The engineer arrived on the 21st November plugged everything in and checked it all telling us that the phone should be working in the next 24hrs. It wasn't!

We were called again on the 23rd November to be told the order was still open and it was a mess and would take another week to sort it out at this point I was starting to get annoyed an requested a manager call me back the next day after 15.00 when I would be home and able to go through it all either them.

At 16.22 on the 24th we received a txt message from the manager saying sorry they have been unable to contact us today and it is going to take more time to investigate what has happened and they will call on Monday the 27th. I'm not holding my breath on this happening.

My inlaws are in there late 80's and my father in law has had a kidney transplant And is currently having cancer treatment.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Landline failure

are your in-laws registered here   https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/including-you/BT_Free_Priority_Fault_Repair_Scheme.pdf

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@JonSpall 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators and I have asked one to assist on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thank you for the tip I will get them registered on that.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @JonSpall and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry your inlaws line has been down for so long. Registering for the priority fault repair scheme is a great first step. I've dropped you a private message so once you've completed the registration drop me a reply with their details and I'll look into this for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings